Navratri is one of the most important Hindu festivals celebrated twice in a year. People from all over the world celebrate Navratri with full of enthusiasm and reverence . While some take part in the festivities for religious reasons, others look to give their body a much required detox and lose weight. If you plan to fast this Navratri ensure that it is done the healthy way. It can help you detoxify, cleanse your mind and will leave you feeling devotional!
Tips to follow to make fasting healthier -
1. Eat small meals and do not starve yourself. This will help maintain blood glucose levels and prevent you from feeling low.
2. Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of water and fluids like coconut water, lemon water, and milk.
3. Combine high carbohydrates like potatoes and sabudana with other fibrous vegetables like tomatoes, pumpkin, bottle guard, etc.
4. Kuttu flour is a brilliant combination of carbohydrates (70-75%) and protein(20-25%). Use it to make paratha, chapatti instead of gorging on puris.
5. Samak rice are extremely easy to digest and can be consumed in any kind of quantity.
6. Curb those evil sugar cravings by eating a lot of fruits raita, dates, apple kheer, samak rice kheer.
7. Try and adopt healthy snacking and don't binge on namkeens packets as they are high in salt and fat content.
8. Instead, choose for mix of nuts baked chips, roasted makhana, mix of nuts baked chips, roasted peanuts, etc.
9. Substitute sugar with honey.
10. Use skimmed milk instead of full cream milk.
Breakfast options (choose any one) -
Fruits with skimmed milk
Tea with roasted peanuts
Fruits shake with five to six soaked almonds
Lunch options (choose any one):
roasted potatoes with curd
Baked sabudana tikkis with veggies and curd
Green tea/tea with baked chips/roasted makhana/baked namkeen
Dinner (choose any one):
Kuttu chapatti with vegetables and salad with raita
Samak rice with vegetables and salad